Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Good Kind of Busy




Any ideas of what this photo is? I have been SUPER busy getting ready to open my Etsy shop! The past few day's I've been planning, shopping, and sewing. I'm really excited about this little business adventure! My daughter is my inspiration.

Up until this month my daughter had extremely long hair. I mean down to the middle of her bottom. With that much hair, I had to be creative on how I fixed it, but it also had to look cute! I started making her hair bows to match her outfits. Seemed like every time she wore one of my hair bows, someone would make a comment on how beautiful it was. On August 9th we cut 16 inches of her hair off and donated it to Locks of Love! I am so proud of my daughter for inspiring her momma, and for helping children who are sick feel better about themselves. Though her hair isn't super long anymore, I still enjoy creating beautiful hair bows for her to wear.

I will be selling my handmade hair bows and headbands along with other handmade items such as felt and fabric flower embellishments for paper crafting, and possibly some scrapbooking kits. You can find my creations at my Etsy shop http://www.scrapsofmine.etsy.com



http://www.locksoflove.org

1 comment:

  1. Oh she's a doll! What a lovely gift she gave of her hair! I've never grown that much hair in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete