Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Altered Chinese Take-Out Box

I still can't believe Valentines Day is just around the corner! For todays guest designer project for Little Blue Button Stamps, I created an altered Chinese take-out box. I thought this would be a fun way to give someone special a Valentines gift.


I colored "Sally" a digi image from Little Blue Button stamps using my Copic Markers. I kept her very simple, but gave her bold black hair. I love the soft contrast of her pink dress with her pale skin and black hair! 

I altered the Chinese take-out box by adding a piece of pattern paper to the box that coordinated with my color scheme. Felt heart trim to the top and bottom of the box and in the middle I added a piece of lace. I wanted a bit of dimension, so I added a layered Valentines sticker and popped "Sally" off the box using pop dots.


I decided to add a few I Am Roses flowers to the top of the box along with a big pink bow.  For another added touch, I cut out a few butterflies and hearts which I placed on the flowers and one butterfly in "Sally's" hair. 

I just love the way my altered Chinese take-out box turned out. I can't wait to fill it up with some yummy goodies and give it to that special Valentine friend. 

Thanks for joining me today. Happy Scrapping - Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment